Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oingo Boingo: Just Another Day



This is one song where you will want to turn up the volume. Trust me.

Growing up in Southern California, it's hard not to be an Oingo Boingo fan. I vividly recall the preferred rock station of my teenage years, 106.7 KROQ, hosting the occasional Oingo Boingo Halloween special featuring their most well known hit, "Dead Man's Party." The werewolf always loved their provocative and somewhat shocking "Little Girls."

Only recently has their talent on stage become apparent to the werewolf. Sadly, the band is permanently out of commission on account their lead singer's partial hearing loss. Tragic. At least clips like this can do their legacy justice for the unenlightened such as myself.

Massive change (not of the Obama variety) is afoot for the werewolf over the next few days. There is something oddly appropriate about this song that he finds comforting. The lyrics from the opening stanza have been running through his head since this weekend.

I feel it all around / I feel it in my bones
My life is on the line / When I'm away from home
When I step out the door / The jungle is alive
I do not trust my ears / I don't believe my eyes
I will not fall in love / I cannot risk the bet
Cause hearts are fragile toys / so easy to forget

No comments:

Post a Comment